TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BIKE HIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions form part of the Agreement made between Esteban Zambrana Barea, NIF 43152128B, trading as Pollensa Cycling and the Hirer.
It is hereby agreed as follows: Pollensa Cycling rent bicycles reserved by prior reservation or hired directly at our shop in Puerto Pollensa, C/ Vicenç Buades 6.
- Payment for the full period of the hire becomes due upon signing the reservation form or by clicking to proceed with the reservation online on our website.
- The hirer is required to present formal identification in the form of their NIE, DNI or Passport.
- Once the bicycle has been received, the hirer must provide a credit or debit card as a guarantee deposit. The person signing the rental contract must be 18 or over and is responsible for all equipment rented.
Bike hire period:
- From the first hire day until last hire day, the customer can collect and return the bicycle(s) from 9:00 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 19.00 from Monday to Saturday.
- Sunday collections/returns can be arranged by appointment from 9:00 - 13:00 and 16:00 - 19:00.
- No reimbursement will be given for bicycle(s) returned before the end of the rental contract period. Any bicycle(s) returned after the stipulated time on the contract will be charged at 6.00€ per hour.
Cancellation of a bike reservation:
- Cancellations made more than 30 days before the first rental day: 50% refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days but more than 15 days before the first rental day: 25% refund will be issued.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days before the first rental day: No refund will be issued.
- Full price will be charged for no-shows.
- The amount to be refunded is the amount before tax.
- Pollensa Cycling will not be held responsible for refunds when reservations cannot be met due to Acts of God or global crises.
If you return the bicycle(s) before the last day of the hire period we will not issue a refund.
- Delivery and collection of hired bicycle(s) is free of charge to Pollensa, Puerto Pollensa, Alcudia, Puerto de Alcudia and Playa de Muro.
- Deliveries and collections can be made to other destinations at a charge depending upon the distance between your location and our rental store in Puerto Pollensa.
Important: Bicycle(s) will only be delivered handed over to the person named on the rental contract, upon production of the identification set out above.
- Bicycle(s) and equipment hired on a rental agreement remain the property of Pollensa Cycling The hirer is obliged to take good care of the bicycle(s) hired and to take all precautions necessary to protect the bicycle(s) from damage, loss or theft.
- The hirer is responsible for informing Pollensa Cycling of any damage sustained to or from the bicycle(s) during the period of hire. Unless you have chosen to take out our damage cover, which excludes theft and loss.
- Upon returning the bicycle(s), at the end of the rental period, a representative of Pollensa Cycling will examine the equipment for damage or loss.
- Should any damage be sustained to the bicycle(s) or any components during the period of hire, the hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost at current market price of the whole or part of the bicycle so damaged.
- Once the reservation is confirmed, this assumes that the hirer has accepted that any damage found on the bicycle(s) once returned will be charged to their credit card. Under such circumstances, you will be informed by email of the details for damage and the amount to be charged.
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the bicycle(s) is adequately secured during the period of hire.
- The hirer will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the bicycle(s), at current market price, if it is lost or stolen during the period of hire. Our cover against damage does not cover theft or loss.
ALL REPAIRS OR BREAKDOWNS THAT YOU HAVE MUST BE DONE BY POLLENSA CYCLING. YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED IF THIS IS DONE IN ANOTHER SHOP.
Collection of bicycles at the beginning of hire:
- By accepting the bicycle(s), the hirer accepts that they received the bike in a good technical, safe and clean condition.
- The bicycle(s) must be returned in the same condition in which they left the shop. The bicycle must not be used for off-road use nor be taken onto the sand at any of the beaches.
Liability in case accident:
- Pollensa Cycling does not provide any cover or cannot accept any liability for potential liability to third parties (i.e. Damage caused to others or their property).
- It is recommended that you take out insurance to cover such liability or ensure that your holiday insurance covers this.
- If in doubt, check with your insurance company.
- Pollensa Cycling Does not accept any liability for any damage or injury to the hirer during the period of hire.
In case of bicycle damage whilst cycling:
- If you are able to cycle back to the shop, we will repair your bike.
- If you are unable to cycle back and you are within our free delivery area, we will come as soon as possible and help you. However, if you are outside of our free delivery area we will not be able to attend.
- We accept no liability for the cost of the transfer back to the shop or repairing in another shop.
VIEW DELIVERIES MAP
- Insurance doesn't cover damages occurred during cycling events and races, including triathlon.
- Helmet use is mandatory in Mallorca under most circumstances. Helmets are not provided free of charge by Pollensa Cycling.
- It is the hirer's own responsibility to ensure that they comply with the traffic laws at all times.
- The number for the emergency services in Spain is 112. It is always advisable to have a mobile phone with you if possible.
Civil Responsibility and Limitations:
- The hirer is responsible for respecting the existing traffic laws in Spain.
- The hirer is responsible for all damage that occurs, whether to himself or anyone else within the rental period.
- Pollensa Cycling does not accept liability for any claims by third parties regarding accidents, wounds, blows or damage caused by the hirer or to their property, or loss of objects for whatever reason outside of the control of Pollensa Cycling.
- The hirer agrees that this contract is binding and, if it is impossible for the hirer to take responsibility, the responsibility will fall to that of their family or legal representatives.
- This contract conforms to Spanish law.
- The jurisdiction/law applicable to this contract is based exclusively for Mallorca (Illes Balears - España).